Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Lunch

Just wanted to post a pic of the huge chef salad I had for lunch today. It's about 2 cups of romaine lettuce, 1/2 of a ginormous red bell pepper, one large egg (boiled), 1 c of steamed broccoli and 3 oz of canned chicken. I drizzled a tiny bit of good seasons italian dressing on it - which I made with very little oil (garlic infused canola oil from The Pampered Chef) and then the apple cider and water made up the rest of the packet. I clocked this lunch in at about 275 calories.

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy and healthy! I love healthy recipes, so thanks for sharing this! You're an inspiration - keep up the good work and keep posting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you try the recipe! The original recipe calls for tuna instead of chicken, but I can't do tuna (or anything else that lives in the water), so chicken was a good alternative, and even less calories. It also calls for 1/4 c tomatoes, but I opted out. I can best handle fresh tomatoes in the form of my homemade salsa :)

      Delete