Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 1

Day 1 was a success. I am a little bit sore today to prove it! The only dilemma I had, really, was that I had not finished grocery shopping and I was so afraid to go off the beaten path, that by the end of the day (I had finished shopping by then), I'd only consumed 1050 calories, and I should be getting 1200. So hopefully, I will be a bit better today with that, because 1050 cals a day just simply can't last long and is less than recommended for daily needs.

The workout dvds are good. HARD work. Especially if you haven't worked out in awhile. Who says you need a gym when you've got a JM Circuit training DVD and your own free weights? I couldn't necessarily do ALL of the moves 100%, but I did it all the best I could and kept moving the entire time. And as a result, I am defintely sore today. I'm interested to see what today's circuit training will be like, as it will work a different set of muscles, thank goodness. I tell you what, though, the cardio workout is just as intense and difficult! Man alive! Again, they're cardio circuits. I won't lie, I was not able to appropriately do the suicides, but I just kept moving nevertheless. During this first week, the program has a morning workout with the circuits and an evening cardio workout. The JMBR set comes with 15 dvds - each month for the 90 days has 4 circuit workouts + one cardio workout. Each circuit (total of 3 including the cardio circuit) is done 2x a week and there is a rest day on Sunday, or whatever your 7th day is. The two circuits target different muscle areas and so you are never over working your muscles. It's onle during kickstart, however, that the workouts are twice a day. It will move on to once a day (and I can choose to add an extra workout if I want) for the remainder of the 90 days.

This first week has a relatively limited menu. There are 3 options each for breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner. However, with my food preferences (I'm moderately picky), I am pretty much sticking to one option for each one (two max). It's a huge step for me to even consider eating some of the things that are in these recipes - but fish is going too far. I just can't. I also (again) tried the whole greek yogurt thing, but yuck, yuck, yuck! I can't do yogurt. The tartness of it is just not so kinda good. One of the recipes even calls for a dash of vanilla extract, but I think I ended up with more than a dash and I just coldn't get down more than a half of a spoon full of that stuff. I *will* make the attempts to incorporate spinach (the spinach lettuce stuff) as recipes call for it - though, I'm more likely to process it up so that it's finely chopped rather than the full on leaves. There are a lot of weird psychological issues I have with foods, too. I don't know why, but there are certain things that I just can not eat.

One of the people on the JMBR facebook page made the comment to be sure to drink a lot of water. This, too, is a huge step. I looooove pop. I drink diet, but there is still controversy about which is worse - fully sugared or sugar alternative drinks. Again, I won't lie to any of you, but I've easily been regularly drinking about 2L of diet pop (pepsi max is typically my choice) a day. I think I last drank pop on Friday maybe... Yesterday I ended up drinking 3 bottles of water (the 33.9 oz bottles). With the amount that I had been sweating and with the assistance it provides in helping to control hunger, I think it went very well. I am VERY grateful that I'm not dealing with caffeine headaches or anything either. I've never really felt that I was "addicted" to caffeine - I just like the cold, crisp taste that pop has to offer (regardless of whether or not there is caffeine in it). Fortunately, though, it's been all good thus far. SO... keep thinking good thoughts for me, and I'm going to continue trying with my might! I know that it's not necessarily accurate or encouraged to weigh oneself every day, but I was happy to see that the daily fluctuation from yesterday to today was down exactly 2 lbs. If I can keep up with that, by the end of this week, I will hopefully lose the 10 lbs I was wanting to be able to lose during this kickstart week!

1 comment: